Our vision is for justice, opportunity and shared wealth for all South Australians.
SACOSS has a strategic plan covering the years 2022-2027. At its centre is to "Mobilise for justice, opportunity and shared wealth". We have grouped our objectives under two key headings:
Developing a fair and just community
- Change the narrative - Challenging poverty stereotypes and amplifying the voices of people who experience poverty and/or disadvantage.
- Advocate for policy solutions - Providing solutions to eradicate and reduce poverty and disadvantage.
- Lead awareness - Identifying, exposing & raising awareness about poverty and disadvantage.
Cultivating an informed and thriving community sector
- Build support and influence - Engaging others to become allies in influencing decision-makers.
- Promote and inform - Sharing information, knowledge and innovation, to drive better policy and practice.
- Foster collaborative action - Building alignment and shared purpose in the community services sector.
To advocate, collaborate, lead and mobilise to eliminate poverty, inequality and injustice in South Australia.
Some Key Principles Underpinning Our Work
- Human rights are at the core of addressing poverty and injustice
- Social equity and justice requires committed community services organisations
- Public policy should have equitable impacts on people
- Community engagement and collective action effects change
- Peak bodies positively contribute to democracy and civil society
SACOSS Values Demonstrated In How We Aspire To Work
Respect - Partnership - Courage - Inclusion - Fairness
- We work in collaboration with, and draw on the wisdom and expertise of our diverse member base.
- We value and draw on the direct experiences of people affected by poverty and inequality.
- We lead and support collaborative initiatives for a thriving community sector.
- We work together as a team to achieve our goals with integrity and accountability.
- We maintain productive relationships across the political spectrum.
- We are transparent in our work and we consult widely. We promote and advance the research and evidence base to drive advocacy priorities.