SACOSS has published a number of significant research reports in recent years on issues affecting the sector or impacting on vulnerable and disadvantaged people.
Unlike submissions, which are a response to formal government processes, research reports usually arise from issues identified as important by the sector. In some cases (eg. the Consumer Credit Legal Services Scoping Study, the Unique Peaks paper, or the Alternative Employment Models paper) the research has been specifically funded by government, while in other cases (eg. Cost of Living and Anti-Poverty Week reports) SACOSS has developed the research from our own resources.
SACOSS research reports are organised under the following headings:
- Cost of Living - quarterly updates on cost of living pressures on low income households
- Energy and Water - research into key utilities issues affecting vulnerable and disadvantaged people
- Anti-Poverty Week - reports produced each year to highlight poverty in South Australia
- State Budget - each year including both the SACOSS Budget submission highlighting proposals for funding, and the Budget Snapshot analysing the issues of importance for our sector in the State budget
- General - research reports on a range of subjects.