As the peak body for the non-government health community services sector in South Australia, SACOSS has a vital role in supporting organisations in our sector to fulfill their missions and to offer the best support and services to vulnerable and disadvantaged people.
This sector support and development role can include:
- Informing the sector of changes in legislation, government policy or practice that will impact on our sector's organisations or work
- Research and Policy Development on sector issues, for instance the role of peak bodies, employment models in the sector, and independence of sector organisations
- Advocacy on behalf of the sector in relation to issues like funding, red tape reduction and workplace issues
- Sector development programs such as the Healthy Workers Healthy Futures Initiative
- One-on-one advice to member organisations on governance or other management issues
- Contracted services for the sector