Nominations for election to SACOSS Board and SACOSS Policy Council are now open
If you are a passionate, strategic thinker who knows that social policy is vital for achieving meaningful change, we welcome your nomination for election to the SACOSS Board or Policy Council. The Board has Governance responsibility for the organisation while the Policy Council provides sector intelligence and guidance about key social policy issues and desirable policy prescriptions and advocacy.
There are three positions open for election to the SACOSS Board, providing an opportunity for suitable people to make a significant contribution to the organisation’s governance.
Please email completed nomination forms for the SACOSS Board to email@example.com by 5pm, Thursday 19 October.
SACOSS Policy Council
There are ten (10) positions open for election the Policy Council, providing an opportunity for suitable representatives to give voice to the issues that are of most concern to them, their organisations and their communities.
Nominations for SACOSS Policy Council are in the following categories:
- Nominee of a designated peak body member (automatically appointed on application)
- Nominee of a not-for-profit community service and/or health agency with annual revenue less than $5m (2 positions)
- Nominee of a not-for-profit community service and/or health agency with annual revenue more than $5m (2 positions)
- Nominee of an organisation whose dominant purpose is to support Aboriginal people or communities (2 position)
- Nominee of an organisation whose dominant purpose is to support Culturally and
Linguistically Diverse communities (1 position)
- Nominee of an organisation whose dominant purpose is the delivery of services in non-metropolitan, rural and regional community areas (1 position)
- Individual member of SACOSS (2 positions)
Please email completed nomination forms for SACOSS Policy Council to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm, Thursday 19 October.
Following the receipt of nominations for both bodies, ballot elections will be held where necessary.
Election results will be announced at the 2023 SACOSS AGM held on Tuesday, 21 November (with more details of the AGM to come).Both bodies provide a means of discussing and making progress on the important issues that face the community of South Australia. They also provide an opportunity to build a deeper understanding of the sector and to develop extended networks.