This workshop gives participants easy to implement skills and strategies in both prevention and intervention io working with young people who self harm.
What participants will gain from this workshop?
- Understand differences and links between self harm / injury and suicidal behaviour.
- Identifying those most at risk of self harm / injury.
- Risk factors for self harm / injury behaviour.
- Protective factors for self harm / injury behaviour.
- Strategies to address self harming / injury behaviour - short / long term
Presenter:- Garry King has extensive experience with working with young people as a result of having worked as a teacher, youth worker and counsellor and complimented by degrees in welfare and education as well as masters degrees in counselling and suicidology. He has previously worked at the Australian Institute for Suicide Research and Prevention. He was appointed an adjunct lecturer, youth welfare at the Central Qld University and is the recipient of a Churchill Fellowship to the USA. He is a peer reviewer for the International Journal of Crisis Intervention and Suicide Prevention. Garry is an invited author for the 2015 School Social Work USA.
What: Working with Young People who Self Harm Workshop
When: June 25, 9:00 to 12:30
Where: 27 Sturt Street Adelaide
Cost: $120- inc gst (limited places)
For further information and registration email email@example.com or call 0412 145 934