NOW ONLINE - check your inbox for Zoom details
Join us for our 11th annual post-budget Breakfast with the Treasurer
The SA State Budget will be handed down on Tuesday 22 June. SACOSS will be hosting our 11th annual post budget breakfast with the Treasurer and warmly invite our members and friends to join us for breakfast on Thursday 1st July, where you will hear directly from our state Treasurer, the Hon Rob Lucas MLC, about his government’s budget, followed by a panel of sector experts who will discuss what it means for our sector and the people it supports.
Date: 1 July 2021
Time: 7.00am arrival for 7.30am start - 9.30am finish
Place: NOW ONLINE
All SACOSS member organisations are entitled to two free tickets, and can also book a table of ten for $600 + gst. If booking a table, you are welcome to bring people from your organisation, or other guests who you think would be interested to attend.
SACOSS individual members can claim one free ticket and are welcome to purchase an additional ticket at $75 + gst for a friend or colleague.
- For organisational members (2x free tickets) and individual members (1x free ticket) - click here to book
- To upgrade to a table of 10 for your organisation, or book extra tickets - click here
About the Breakfast
In addition to hearing from the Treasurer, who will be able to highlight aspects of the budget that are of most relevance for our sector and the people it supports, we will also have a panel at the event, who will provide some commentary on the state budget and its implications. In particular, they will examine aspects relating to employment, taxes and the economy; gender; and young people. At the Breakfast, we will hear from:
- Hon Rob Lucas MLC, SA Treasurer (also holding a range of other portfolios). Mr Lucas has been a member of the SA Parliament since 1982.
- Michael O’Neil, Executive Director of the South Australian Centre for Economic Studies of the University of Adelaide and Flinders University
- Helen Connolly, SA Commissioner for Children and Young People
- Sarah Wendt, Director of the Social Work Innovation Research Living Space, Professor of Social Work and Head of Discipline at Flinders University.
If you have any questions about this event, just contact Crystal@sacoss.org.au.
Special Thanks to our Sponsor HESTA