Following the shutdown announcement made on Wednesday 18 November, SACOSS compiled this list of useful phone numbers and websites for COVID-19 related information and supports for South Australians. The main government COVID response information is at
- COVID-19 Relief Call Centre – 1300 705 336 for information and assistance, including access to personal hardship support and advice on short-term accommodation options for people who cannot safely self-quarantine or self-isolate.
- SA Health COVID-19 information hotline –1800 253 787 (open 7 days, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm). Please visit www.covid-19.sa.gov.au first to see if answers to your questions are there, as call volumes to the hotlines are expected to be high.
- SA COVID-19 Mental Health Support Line – 1800 632 753 or chat online (open 8.00am – 8.00pm every day).
- Red Cross Telecross REDI service – 1800 188 071 for a free daily phonecall checking on the welfare of vulnerable people.
- NDIS Call Centre referral line for NDIS participants – 1800 800 110 for COVID-related queries.
- NDIS providers: NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission – 1800 035 544 for COVID-related queries about delivering supports and services to NDIS participants.
- SA Homelessness Gateway/Homeless Connect SA - 1800 003 308 24/7 for anyone experiencing homelessness or at risk of homelessness.
- A guide for NGOs on COVID-19 testing is available on the DHS website.
- SA Health information – www.sahealth.sa.gov.au or www.sa.gov.au/covid-19